In early March, Google introduced that it could totally swap to cellular indexing first by September 2020. However now Google might resolve to delay it attributable to COVID-19. To this point, mentioned John Mueller of Google, it seems like issues are on schedule, however they will resolve based mostly on feedback to delay it in the event that they uncover that the websites aren’t shifting due to useful resource points.
John mentioned at 35:46 within the video "I suppose it's within the subsequent month or so we'll make this name and go come what may", when it comes from this September deadline. "To this point, we nonetheless see many websites shifting round and making ready for the primary cellular indexing," he added.
Right here is the video in the beginning time:
Right here is the transcript:
What’s the state of Google's choice on the primary cellular indexing after September? Any delay due
To this point, we nonetheless see many websites shifting round and making ready for the primary cellular indexing. So we haven't fully determined to stay to this date, however we need to give it just a little extra time to settle in and see the way it goes.
My guess is within the subsequent month or so we’ll make this name and go come what may. It’s also very useful to have suggestions from anybody who’s having points with this if you discover that your growth crew is simply not out there to make these sorts of modifications or anything. The extra feedback we have now, the better it’s to decide about it. As a result of if not, we simply see that the websites are being improved and we predict individuals are nonetheless doing an excellent job. Kind of making ready issues so perhaps we don't want to vary the date. However ship us your feedback.
My instinct – Google will postpone it to March 2021.
Discussion board dialogue on YouTube Group.